Response to Monte and Others

Dear Monte

I really appreciate your response and it opened my eyes to how much student voice can change a classroom and how important it is. I’m also starting to think that a class without student’s voice is not a classroom at all. It’s more like a graveyard where dreams are destroyed, and I think that more teachers should start stepping up their game as many students aren’t getting what they need. It really makes me amazed at how you and Mr Moore are changing the world day by day. So again, a classroom is not a classroom without student’s voice and teachers like you to listen!

Thank you,

Lynton.D

One thought on “Response to Monte and Others

1. Monte wrote a reply to Lynton on his blog, Let’s Change Education.

Dear Lynton,

I am pleased that my response resonated with you. And your response certainly resonated with me. In particular, I loved this line, “…a class without a student’s voice is not a classroom at all. It’s more like a graveyard where dreams are destroyed….” I love the imagery that it creates as I imagine a desolate, dark place where kids are not chasing their dreams but rather running from a nightmare. I think you have the makings of being a writer, young man. Bravo.

Thank you for taking the time to write me a note, Lynton. I am thankful that this connection has helped you find your voice, a voice that speaks loudly, clearly, and wisely across half the globe. Enjoy the rest of your year with Mr. Moore. Also, I have a small favor to ask. I really want to give everyone in the class a high five, but distance is a problem. If you are comfortable and willing, would you please give everyone a high five for me? Oh, one more, will you also shake Mr. Moore’s hand for me as well? Thank you, Lynton. Your note made my day.

Thank you,

Monte Syrie